GENERAL CONDITIONS OF HIRE
1. From the time of placing to removal, the skip is in the control and custody of the hirer. During this time, the hirer is responsible for the loss or damage to the skip, its paintwork, reflectors and any additional lamps or equipment. Loss or damage must be reported to the owner, and is chargeable at cost.
2. It is the customers’ responsibility to provide adequate access. Customers requesting or ordering vehicles delivering or collecting containers to leave the public highway shall reimburse us in full in respect of any loss, costs, claims, damages or expenses we may thereby sustain whether as a result of damage to the vehicles themselves or the property of the customers of third parties.
3. Sitting of the skip is the hirer’s responsibility and consideration should be given to safety whether the site is on public or private ground. The hirer must provide adequate lighting where this required or public safety during the hours of darkness.
4. The hirer is responsible for damage arising from weight of the container and / or its load.
5. The hirer must not overfill the skip. The owners reserve the right to refuse to remove an overfilled skip and the hirer must reduce the contents where overloading might involve both parties in prosecution for axle overloading of the collecting vehicle.
6. The hirer will not place hot materials or cause a fire to take place in the skip. (A skip damaged in this way may not comply with the highway requirements). Damage caused will be charged for at a replacement cost.
7. Under no circumstances whatsoever will the hirer use the skip for the disposal of putrescible, inflammable, explosive, noxious or dangerous matter, or materials of any description likely to cause danger to persons or animals either directly or indirectly by pollution of the atmosphere or the ground and any of its natural resources arising from its disposal by the owners either on land in the ownership or occupation or any other land used for the aforesaid purpose.
8. Safety of children. When drop end doors are closed it is essential that they are securely bolted. This is the hirer’s responsibility.
9. Legal liability of the hirer to members of the public arising from the use of a skip in connection with any trade or business should be covered by insurance. Domestic users should check their householder’s policy is adequate to cover their own legal liability to the public.
10. If it is not possible to deliver or collect the skip at the delivery address, we reserve the right to levy a minimum charge of £75.00 plus VAT.
11. Do not put any items listed below into the skip. To do so will incur a high disposal charge:
Fridges/Freezers/Electrical equipment/Asbestos e.g. Roofing sheets etc/Tyres/Chemical waste/Food waste/Fluorescent tubes or contaminated soil etc.
Please notify the office if plasterboard is being placed in the skip.